Effective date: April 02, 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
How2123 Community Code of Conduct
Welcome to the How2123 Community - We are dedicated to maintaining a respectful community that actively engages in lively discussions about news tutorials and blog posts some of which are based on experience, observation, testing, and statistics (review Terms and Conditions related to website content). Please keep the following in mind when writing your comments.
Respect Others - Please be polite to all the members of our Community, including other commenters, authors and the subjects of articles. Also, keep in mind that there are real people reading your comments.
Safe Space - Above all, we believe strongly that the How2123 Community should be a safe and welcoming space for all individuals, groups and their ideas. As such, any rudeness, insults, hate, hostility, or negativity may be removed and you may lose your ability to comment.
Let's Get Started:
Q: Do I need an account on the How2123?
· A: No, to comment all you need is a Facebook account.
Q: What does it mean to comment to an article through Facebook?
Q: What is the official Facebook page of the How2123?
· A: The official Facebook page for the How2123 is https://www.facebook.com/HowToOneTwoThree/
Q: I don't want to post through Facebook. · A: Due to changing trends in public communication, all article comments will be submitted through Facebook going forward. If you do not want your comment to appear on your Facebook wall, simply un-check "post to profile" or "also post to Facebook" below the comment box.
Q: Can I Edit or Delete my comment?
· A: Yes, you can! Go to article in question where you posted your comment
- Scroll down to comments section, and find your comment
- Click on the top left “Edit”
- - This is a drop-down menu
- - Choose to edit or delete your comment.
- - Confirm delete
- These simple steps will allow you to either edit or delete any comment made by you to one of our articles.
· Please note: you must be using a desktop or laptop - at this time, mobile devices such as tablets and phones might not have the ability to edit or delete comments.
Q: I already have a How2123 account, what will happen to it? · A: You are still able to log in to your How2123 account to follow other users and bloggers, and you will be able to view your post history for comments made prior to the move to Facebook comments. Comments left through the Facebook platform will not be visible in your post history.
Q: Can I include a link in my comment?
· A: Yes. But any comment that contains a link to an inappropriate site may not be displayed on the How2123 site nor on Facebook page.
Q: What is the "Follow/Fan" link on How2123 user accounts?
· A: When you find a commenter you like, you can press the Follow link next to the commenter's name. Your selection will appear on your profile page and on the profile page of that commenter. This way you can keep track of the commenters you like and those who like you. We are working on a way to alert you when your favorite commenters post new comments on the site.
Q: Can I follow a blogger?
· A: Absolutely. Each blogger has their own profile page that includes their bios and a Follow link. You can find this page by clicking on a blogger's name and you will receive alerts when this author publishes new posts.
Q: Where can I sign up for news alerts and other notifications?
· A: You can simply follow us on Facebook page and get the needed alerts and notifications. https://www.facebook.com/HowToOneTwoThree/. Hover on “Following” under How2123 Facebook cover photo, and choose “see first” in Your News Feed.
Commenting & Moderation Policy
Q: What is the How2123's Code of Conduct?
A: Community and Commenting Guiding Principles
· The How2123 has a thriving user community and encourages commenting on news stories and blog posts. We are dedicated to maintaining a respectful, engaging and informative conversation. Towards that end, we have basic ground rules for commenting to maintain a civil atmosphere. These are supported by a moderating system that features a team of staff moderators. If you wish to participate in the community, we ask that you follow the ground rules below and the spirit of the community they seek to create.
· (I) If your comments make this community a less civil and enjoyable place to be, you and your comments may be excluded from it.
Q: I posted a comment. Why can't I see it on the site?
· A: Please be aware that not all comments may appear directly on the How2123 site, but will still appear on your Facebook feed for you and your friends, unless you have unchecked the "also post on Facebook" box above the comment entry space.
Q: Why do my posts never appear in the How2123 comments?
· A: If a user has repeatedly posted comments that have violated these ground rules, their comments may be blocked from appearing on the site. This would include inappropriate comments that contain, insults, attacks, abuse towards other users or groups; or have engaged in trolling or hijacking the comment threads.